Firefox Startup Crash or SlowDoes your firefox crash or is Firefox slow when you open Morzilla firefox? Here's a quick tip to help you speed that up.
Sometimes you can get a lot of unecessary DLL files working with Firefox and these will either crash firefox or else make it go slow. The screen might appear white at first and you might have to wait several seconds to use your browers; if you can use it at all!
1. First, open Firefox in Safemode. If you do that you will see if the firefox extensions are what's causing your problems. If it opens in safemode with extensions disabled, then you should go into regular Windows and disable all your extensions, and slowly re-add them, determining which one is causing your problem. It could just be that you have over 20 add-ons to Mozilla Firefox and it's bogging down the browswer
2. Create a new profile and use that. This might be the problem.
3. Close other programs when you're running Firefox. This is a Problem no matter how fast your system is.
4. Here's http://www.edbott.com/weblog/?p=621 a link explaining how to make new shortcuts for certain programs to make them load faster. We haven't tried it but it might shave a second of Firefox slow opening speed!
5. Empty your cache, clear download files, etc: tools, options, privacy, clear private data on Firefox
Let's hope any one of these solutions work for you!